Thursday, July 30, 2015

Life is an adventure: Marriage thoughts vs. Marriage reality

How I thought marriage would go: 
I always assumed (haha you know what they say about assuming don’t you?) that my marriage would be something along the lines of P.S. I love you (without the death) or The Note Book. Possibly, Run Away Bride!  I know: how cliché, those movies are so over played, that doesn’t happen in real life, gibberish gibberish gibberish .
Well let me tell you!!! I am not hopeless romantic, like at all, I am very proud that I can list those three movies.

 It takes a huge effort for me to plan a special date. In fact I start planning 2-3 months in advance because I am just not into things like that and I am just not good at it. *I am honestly very awkward* I have alarms set on my phone for our anniversaries. I even have to double check with my husband to make sure we got married May 6th.

I am perfectly okay with sitting at home eating cereal in my onsies PJ’s and watching Netflix or renting a Redbox and calling it a date.

So my life was going to be like Julia Roberts movie with a twist of Vanityfair; something along the lines of Carry from Sex in the City, living in Manhattan.
I am sitting at a charity, wearing a dress with countless sparkles, my girls and I look over and BAM tall dark and handsome is standing over there staring at me. He walks over and tells me some stupid joke, and the rest is history.

*See this is an idea that I probably concocted before I even know it. As a little girl I grew up watching The Little Mermaid and Cinderella on repeat. I was going to face some big monster and marry someone who would take me away to a castle. SIMPLE AS THAT*

Reality of marriage:

See because I had such this fantasy of what my marriage would look like it started a family joke.
Jamie you collect engagement rings like Jonni (my birth mother) collects ex husbands.
Just an FYI for people who know Jonni, she made up this joke.

I met my husband at the worst moment in my life. I was going through some sort of party all the time break down.
My brother was just killed, my fiancé cheated on me while I was at the funeral, and I was done trying to be strong for everyone. Including myself…
So if you ask my husband, he would tell you the first day we met he knew, but not right away. 
As my drunken self, first met the hubby I got really excited and was like WOW you smell really good.
He was kind of stuck up and like oh cool.
He’ll tell you he thought I was skanky because the crowd of people I was hanging out with. Even though I was only there because there was free alcohol...  
It wasn’t until later that night when I was trying to go to bed that some sleazy jerk face tried to take advantage of the poor overly drunk girl, ME.
Well let me tell you, that was NOT going down, and it didn’t. I punched him in the face and kicked him off the bed and he took of crying. Hubby saw the whole thing and the rest is our story.


What are your first moments with your significant other?
Did you know?

Stay tuned for more funny...
XOXO


WifeMotherPhotographer 

No comments:

Post a Comment